Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Meet: Rita Thrasher
















Department: Biological Sciences

How you came into this subject matter/profession: I have been fortunate to always live near the gulf or Atlantic Ocean so I was fascinated with all types of life from a young age.  I also started working at the hospital at a young age and so in college I couldn’t choose so I specialized in both and haven’t been happier.  Who else gets to teach about the vast complexity of the human body and then at night teach about Cnidarians (jellyfish)? Me, that’s who!

Favorite class to teach: that is like asking which child is your favorite.  If I had to choose just one I would have to say Zoology lab because we dissect and do microscopy work and the students absolutely love this lab!

How long you’ve been at PSC: January 2006

Hobbies: spending time with my family

Favorite book/movie:  Pride & Prejudice, National Treasure

Favorite place on campus: The rock garden on the Milton campus

Why you joined the Union: To have a collective voice to speak for the betterment of the faculty.

No comments: