Monday, February 2, 2009

A PERSONAL NOTE FROM CHARLOTTE

Many of you are aware that the past two months have been difficult for me personally. I have had to make three extended trips to Arkansas because of my father's health and, on January 25th, my father-in-law passed away in Virginia. During all of this I have been blessed by your kind words and prayers. Thank you.

During my absence I have also been blessed to leave in charge a hard-working Executive Board and negotiating team. Each one has done what he or she could during this time, but I would like to especially thank Blaine Wall for handling the day-to-day operations of PJCFA, Paige Anderson for her leadership and willingness to speak with the media, and Cindy App for taking my proxy to the UFF Council of Presidents and Senate meeting in Orlando this past weekend. Thank you to all faculty who attended the faculty meeting and have volunteered to help as we face these difficult times. Some BOT members have already commented that they are receiving your letters.

I am catching up on phone calls and email. Please don't hesitate to contact me with your concerns and suggestions. Be sure that I'll be calling on you,

Charlotte

No comments: