Monday, February 2, 2009

DO ANY OF YOUR STUDENTS SIT IN A $100,000 CLASS ROOM?

PJCFA submitted several requests for information to the administration. As these requests are answered, PJCFA will be posting the findings to the blog. The first is the cost of refurbishing the BOT Board Room.

When the BOT met in November, everyone noted the newly renovated room - new wallpaper, drapes, mini-blinds, microphones, monitors, projector, and more. Then Dr. Meadows announced that new chairs would be delivered prior to the next BOT meeting. So how much did all this cost and where did the money come from?

From Local Funds (Fund 1) which was transferred to the Unexpended Plant Fund in FY 2007/2008 to provide funds for capital purchases (May 2008 Board meeting):

$69,120.53:
$481.63 to modify cabinet for dishwasher
$32,769.35 for control system
$448.20 for dishwasher
$3,194.80 for drapes and mini-blinds
$31,378.64 for chairs
$126.18 for hot water heater
$512.20 for ceiling tiles
$105.00 for sidewall grills
$104.53 for microwave

From PECO funds which are for renovation and remodeling of college facilities:
$29,585.79
$5,750.00 for professional services for Simpson Design
$1,750.00 for operable wall maintenance
$6,330.00 to remove and replace wallcoverings
$4,950.76 for carpet
$1,564.00 for ceiling tiles
$1,590.63 for data voice drops
$5,250.00 to disassemble and reassemble doors, new cover
$801.31 for Capril material
$1,599.09 for electrical materials

Total expended & outstanding $98,706.32

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

$#IT! I wish I had heat in my classroom!

Anonymous said...

What were the costs of the new flat screen tv's and wired microphone and recording system? We'd love that in our classrooms but I guess there's no money left.

Anonymous said...

What's a Simpson Design? Must be nice.

Anonymous said...

I would also like to have heat in my classroom. I have to drive to Milton on Tues and Thurs for a 7:30 AM class and the heat is never sufficient. Anthea Amos told me that 62 degrees is a "comfortable" temperature. Well at least I am now in a classroom that isn't blowing cold air from the vents! Maybe that is progress.

Anonymous said...

We saw Dr. Weatherman Martin in yesterday's posting trying to convince people, the board? faculty? who?, that retrenchment of faculty not his position is necessary.

Why doesn't he visit us on this entry?

Anonymous said...

Simpson Design is an Interior Decorator/Architect company in Pensacola.

I understand he is coming over to my office next week. Maybe I am getting a remodel.

Oh sorry, just found out it is Greg Simpson coming over from AV to fix my old overhead projector. Guess I'm not getting that remodel after all. Now if I can just get some heat in the winter and less air conditioning in the summer. My office stays a balmy 62 year round.

Anonymous said...

You mean you didn't realize it makes better fiscal sense for the college to keep the temp at 62? Then, all the employees are forced to buy space heaters and run them full blast, increasing PJC's electricity costs.

I'm SURE that is much cheaper than just fixing the air conditioning/heating system in the first place, right?

Anonymous said...

The temperature in building 7 is always pleasant. Perhaps you could request to hold your office hours in the newly renovated BOT room. While you sit in those $30k chairs, you can also watch the flat screen televisions and wash your dishes in the newly installed dishwasher. I'm sure admin would welcome you with open arms!

Anonymous said...

Here is an update on my Milton classroom temp. It was 58 degrees this morning at 7:30 and the highest it got was 60.8 degrees as measured by my digital thermometer that I put on my desk.
After class one of the maint. guys told me that the computerized thermostat (located on the Pensacola Campus by the way)in my classroom was at 69 degrees. Guess that is because the thermostat is located in a corner right over my computer where no students are sitting. That computer must generate a lot of heat!
I would take the students over to the board room in Building 7 but we are in Milton.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each of the first 10 pages that came up but didn’t get any relevant result... I then luckily found your diamond forum in the dirt and thought to check it out. This is what I was looking for

Cheers people at pjcfa.blogspot.com and keep the brilliant effort up.

[color=#f5deb3][URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Nutrition[/URL] [/color]