Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meet: Tamares Cockfield












Department: Developmental Studies

How you came into this subject matter/profession:  Initially, I believe I first became interested in teaching by watching my grandfather, who has only an 8th grade education, teach Sunday school with passion and conviction.  As I completed my graduate work, I had the opportunity to teach college success classes when I worked as an academic advisor at a prior university and community college.

Favorite class to teach: College Success.  I love equipping students with the tools that are needed to successfully matriculate through college and life.

 How long you’ve been at PSC:  I'm in my 2nd year.

Hobbies:  I love traveling, watching movies, working out, and spending time with my family and friends.

Favorite movie:  The Antwone Fisher Story, Denzel Washington was phenomenal in his role as a psychiatrist.     

Favorite place on campus:  The classroom, of course.

Why you joined the Union:  Growing up with a parent who is a member of the Duval County teacher’s union, I understood at an early age the importance of having a professional support system and camaraderie with fellow colleagues.  

No comments: